Fiberglass shingles have taken the roofing industry by storm, hailed for their durability, versatility, and stylish appearance. Installing a new shingle roof isn’t just about putting a cover on your house, it’s about finding the right fit that keeps your home both protected and looking great.
Picking the right roofing shingles can make all the difference in the curb appeal of your property. In this blog post, I’ll unveil the top five fiberglass shingles for 2023, carefully handpicked by industry experts.
Let’s start with a short introduction to these advanced roofing shingles.
A Brief Overview of Fiberglass Roof Shingles
Fiberglass asphalt shingles are an upgrade from organic, or regular, asphalt shingles. Instead of a cellulose and paper base that is commonly found in organic asphalt shingles, fiberglass shingles have a fiberglass mat base coated with asphalt and colored mineral granules. Tough and lightweight, these shingles can handle various weather conditions with less upkeep compared to other shingle options. Plus, these shingles are available in architectural and designer patterns that can mimic slate or wood shakes.
For more information, read our blog post on fiberglass vs. asphalt shingles, where we discuss fiberglass shingles in detail, along with an in-depth comparison of fiberglass and asphalt shingles.
How the Best Fiberglass Shingles Were Chosen
Our roofing experts have meticulously evaluated the features and performance of multiple shingles. Here is what our team has assessed:
👉 Durability: Each shingle has been rigorously tested to ensure they last through the years and weather conditions.
👉 Wind Resistance: They must stay put in even high winds, offering stability and protection.
👉 Fire Resistance: They must be able to resist fire to ensure safety and peace of mind.
👉 Impact Resistance: The shingles should withstand hail, falling debris, or any unexpected impacts.
👉 Energy Efficiency: The shingles that reflect more sunlight contribute to a cooler home and lower energy bills.
👉 Warranty: A reliable material warranty provides assurance and safeguards your roofing investment.
👉 Aesthetics: The shingles must be available in various styles and colors, enhancing the visual appeal of the roof and the home.
Let’s now move on to the best fiberglass roofing shingles that are trending in 2023.
The Top 5 Fiberglass Roofing Shingles of 2023
We’ve selected the best performing architectural fiberglass shingles of the year. Each of them brings its unique strengths and features to the table, catering to different homeowner preferences and roofing needs.
#1 CertainTeed Landmark® Shingles
- Dual-Layer Construction: CertainTeed Landmark shingles feature a dual layer construction, with an extra coat for sturdiness and durability. This design provides enhanced protection against the elements and helps prolong the life of the roof.
- Versatile Color Range: The shingles are available in a diverse range of colors, allowing homeowners to choose a shade that resonates with their aesthetic and blends seamlessly with their home’s exterior.
- StreakFighter® Technology: CertainTeed’s StreakFighter technology helps maintain the shingles’ appearance over time. It protects against unsightly streaks or discoloration, ensuring the roof looks brand new for years to come.
Consult with our certified experts on installing fiberglass shingles by CertainTeed.
#2 Malarkey Vista® Shingles
- Sustainable Manufacturing: Malarkey Vista shingles have gained acclaim for their eco-friendliness, employing sustainable manufacturing processes. They reflect a commitment to minimizing environmental impact, making them an attractive choice for environmentally conscious homeowners.
- Hail and Weather Resistance: These shingles are built to withstand hail and rough weather conditions. Their durability against the elements ensures that your roof remains intact and beautiful, even in challenging climates.
- Optional Scotchgard Protector: The optional Scotchgard Protector preserves the shingles’ colors, maintaining their vibrancy over time. It’s a feature that enhances the visual appeal, making them both attractive and environmentally friendly.
Consult our skilled and experienced professionals about installing Malarkey roofing shingles.
#3 GAF Timberline HDZ® Shingles
- Durability and Resilience: GAF Timberline HDZ shingles are crafted for endurance. The fiberglass mat base provides exceptional strength, making it tough and resistant to wear and tear. They stand strong against the elements, ensuring a long-lasting roof.
- Wood Shake Appearance: These shingles offer a striking wood shake appearance, giving your roof a touch of rustic elegance. The visual appeal is designed to turn heads and elevate the overall aesthetics of your home.
- Advanced Warranty: The warranty associated with GAF Timberline HDZ shingles provides homeowners with a sense of assurance and confidence in their investment, backed by the manufacturer’s trust in the product’s durability.
#4 Owens Corning Duration® Shingles
- SureNail® Technology: Owens Corning Duration shingles boast SureNail Technology, a distinctive feature that enhances their staying power. This technology ensures the shingles remain firmly in place, even during high winds and harsh weather conditions.
- Vibrant Color Palette: The shingles offer a vibrant color palette, providing homeowners with a wide array of choices. From subtle tones to bold shades, this variety allows homeowners to match the shingles with their personal style and the overall aesthetics of their homes.
- Solid Warranty: Backed by a lifetime limited warranty, these shingles offer not just style, but longevity. The warranty provides a safety net, assuring homeowners of the product’s quality and durability.
#5 Atlas Pinnacle® Pristine Shingles
- Pristine Appearance: As the name suggests, Atlas Pinnacle Pristine shingles have a pristine appearance, showcasing a high definition design. This ensures a visually appealing roof that enhances the overall look of your home.
- Algae Resistance: These shingles have a built in feature that resists algae growth, maintaining a clean and attractive appearance. The Scotchgard™ Protector ensures that your roof will not stain or fade, ensuring your home will look great throughout its lifespan.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty: The shingles come with a lifetime limited warranty that covers damage from wind and algae, ensuring you will have a roof that is both long lasting and captivating.
The key lies in choosing the fiberglass shingles that align best with your requirements and style. By evaluating your needs and consulting with experts, you can make an informed decision to enhance the beauty and longevity of your home.
Pick the Best Roofing Shingles in Plymouth, MN!
Are you tired of worrying about your roof’s durability and appearance? Bid farewell to constant repairs and lackluster curb appeal with advanced fiberglass roofing shingles. At Excel Renovation, we’ve got your back. We’ll help rid you of your worries and give your home the robust, eye catching roof it deserves. Reach out to our experts at (612) 439-5005 and schedule a free consultation for your shingle roofing project in Plymouth, MN. We’ve delivered 100% roofing satisfaction to numerous homeowners, and we’re excited to work with you too!
A. Yes, fiberglass asphalt shingles are both cost effective and beautiful. They’re a popular roofing material due to their durability, lightweight nature, and resistance to fire and moisture. Today, fiberglass shingles are gaining popularity with homeowners. in 2023.
A.Fiberglass roof shingles can be more susceptible to cracking under icy and snowy weather conditions. Plus, they require professional installation and are not always DIY friendly.
A.Fiberglass shingles typically last 30 years or more, depending on the manufacturer, material quality, and the climate they are exposed to.
A.Not all fiberglass shingles are expensive. Most of these shingles are more affordable than metal, slate, wood, and tile roofs. They offer good value for their durability and longevity, making them a cost effective roofing option.
A.On average, fiberglass shingles cost between $7,700 and $10,000 for a 1,700-square foot roof, including the cost of both installation and materials.